General Terms and Conditions for Agora Business Publications LLP
- Application of the Conditions The deliveries, services and offerings of Agora Business Publications LLP are based upon these General Terms and Conditions (GTC) as long as the product-specific order forms do not specify different rules. These GTC are also valid for all future business relationships including those in which they are not again explicitly agreed. The conditions that are valid at the time the order is placed apply. Any purchaser’s divergent terms will not be accepted by Agora Business Publications LLP unless Agora Business Publications has explicitly and in writing agreed to their validity.
- Contractual Terms
- The ordering conditions for the respective product, as they are described in the product-specific order form, are binding.
- You can order via the internet, email, telephone, fax or post.
- For many of our products, services and offers, a free-of-charge trial period is granted. This may not be the case for the product that you have ordered but, if it is, the duration of the trial period can be seen on the ordering conditions for the respective product(s), the product description, or the product-specific order form, email or postal confirmation. If a free-of-charge trial period has been granted for the product that you have ordered, the purchase contract becomes binding for you only after expiry of the valid trial period for the respective product. The deliveries, services and offerings are free of charge and completely risk-free for you for the duration of the trial period only. If you decide to terminate the trial within the specified trial period, you can return the basic edition/the trial issue to us at: Agora Business Publications LLP, Ground Floor – Water Mill, The Water Mill Park, Broughton, Skipton BD23 3AG. The burden of proof for the dispatch of the goods being returned lies with you.
- Following the expiry of the trial period, you will receive regular supplements and updates as well as the latest issues of the respective product. Modes of publication, number of supplements, updates, issues and indexes, as well as their prices, can be found in the purchasing conditions for each product, on the product-specific order forms and in the order confirmation letter/email.
- Prices, Price Modifications
- The stated prices at the time of the placing of the order are binding.
- For products that are intended for private customers: the prices include the applicable VAT rate.
- For products that are intended for companies, industry, crafts and trades, the professions, the public service, the authorities, or other public or charitable institutions, associations or the like, and are intended for use in independent professional or commercial activities: the VAT is not included in the price.
We will not increase our prices for at least 12 months from your initial subscription. We shall then give you not less than one month’s prior notice in writing of any proposed price changes. If you do not wish to pay any increased price, you may exercise your cancellation rights above.
- Delivery/Invoicing We dispatch your order directly to the delivery address you provide at the time of order. The invoice is sent to the address that you provided with your order.
- Cooling Off Period You can cancel within fourteen (14) days using our cancellation form or by phone, email, letter or fax. The cancellation deadline begins from the time you received the goods. You should return your order to us in its original packaging within 14 days. You are responsible for delivery charges. The cancellation notification should be sent to: Agora Business Publications LLP
Ground Floor – Water Mill
The Water Mill Park
Tel: 01756 693 180
Fax: 01756 693 196
- Termination of subscriptions The notice periods for the respective products are stated on the product-specific order forms and order confirmations. As long as nothing different is specified, termination is possible at any time for the unused part of your subscription (unless other conditions applied at the time of subscribing). You can cancel your subscription by emailing email@example.com or calling 01756 693180.
- Payment You may choose to pay by direct debit, credit card, or on invoice (payment due within 14 days). We would appreciate prompt payment after receipt of the invoice. The amount payable should be settled via a bank transfer, cheque or credit card to the account number stated on the invoice and before the stated due date. The invoice for a subscription publication will be sent to you separately. Invoices for other orders will be sent with the product ordered. If you have a subscription to a publication, the subscription fee will automatically be renewed and payable for the next period, when the latest issue is published. We reserve the right to use a debt collection agency to collect payments that are not paid when due. In such case, Agora may also, at our discretion, pass on to you any third party charges that we incur while collecting the debt such as those of any debt collection agency.
- Intellectual Property Rights
- You acknowledge that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in the goods and/or the services are vested into and shall remain vested in us, the supplier, at all times. You warrant that you shall not engage in any unauthorised use, copying, renting or distribution or other act restricted by copyright in respect of any Goods and/or Services, or part thereof, in which copyright subsists under this Agreement.
- You warrant that you shall observe the obligations under this Agreement and ensure that your actions do not infringe the Intellectual Property Rights of Agora Business Publications LLP
- Limitation of Liability You shall accept sole responsibility for your use of, and Agora Business Publications LLP shall not be liable for the use of, the Material content or Advisory Service by you, your agents and employees and you shall hold us harmless and fully indemnified against any claims, costs, damages, loss and liability arising out of any such use. No failure of any part of the Content Supplied or Advisory Service to be suitable for your requirements will give rise to any claim against us. We shall not be liable for any loss of profits, loss of goodwill, loss or damage to data or any indirect, incidental, consequential or special loss or damage in connection with the Material Content or Advisory Service howsoever arising. Nothing in this Agreement shall limit any claims in respect of death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or limit or exclude any other liability which may not be excluded under applicable law.
- Final Provisions
- If any provision of this Agreement shall be found by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the other provisions of this Agreement which shall remain in full force. If any provision of this Agreement is so found to be invalid or unenforceable but would be enforceable if some part of the provision were deleted, the provision in question shall apply with such modification(s) as may be necessary to make it valid and enforceable.
- The Conditions will be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales whose Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction in any dispute, save that we have the right, at our sole discretion, to commence and pursue proceedings in alternative jurisdictions.
Updated: 6th February 2021